Fathers’ Mental Health Assessment and Treatment Service
St. Joseph’s Health Centre – Toronto offers a Consultation and Treatment Service for expecting, new and fathers with young children. This service provides a comprehensive outpatient assessment on a consultative basis. The assessment process may include a telephone intake interview followed by an assessment by a psychiatrist.
Physicians may make a referral by completing and faxing this Referral Form to 416-530-6393.
Screening Fathers for Mental Illness
- Depression Screening Tool: (Edinburg Postpartum Depression Scale): SCALE (PDF)
- Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test: GUIDELINES (PDF) SCALE (PDF)
Greater Toronto Area Community Resources
- Father / Parent Counselling: http://conversationsintruth.ca/
- Dad Central: www.dadcentral.ca
- New Dads Manual: www.newdadmanual.ca
- Kids Mental Health: www.kidsmentalhealth.ca
- LAMP Family Centre: www.lampchc.org
- More than a Haircut: www.morethanahaircut.ca/about-us/
- Books: Step by Step: Engaging Fathers
- Gay Dads with kids: www.gayswithkids.com